CSCI 107 Home
Final Requirements & Evaluation Standards
Components of evaluation:
- The breadth of html utilized (effective use making it look natural on page)
- Integrity of page each page has a discernable content theme and page fits in with other pages on site
- Page structure there is a balance (symmetry) to the contents within each page, the textual material is readable, and the page has a pleasant appearance.
- Cross-page themes color, format, content and structure
- Accessibility it is easy to move around the site; the user can answer the questions where am I? and how do I get back to
? without significant thought.
- Each page exercises the Gestalt principles to enhance user-friendliness of page.
- The expectation is that the site will contain a significant number of pages with significant content.
- Along with the web pages you are to provide an evaluation of your site with respect to the components of evaluation listed above. You should feel free to address deviance from expectations and your reasoning for your choice to do so. The exposition of the evaluation is expected to conform to college level writing standards.
- After the due date you will be provided access to from 1-3 web sites that you are to evaluate in the same manner as described in 2 with the exception of having to provide a rationale from the deviance from the expectations you observe.